The benefits of a hard surface floorHard surface surface floors are really the best choice for allergy sufferers: tile, hardwood, or luxury vinyl are all great choices for those with allergies:
- Easy to clean and keep dust-free. You'll know if the floor needs dusting because you'll be able to see the dust.
- No fibers to trap dust, dust mites, mold spores or other allergy triggers.
- Long-lasting so you won't need to replace it as often as carpet. While carpet typically lasts 15 years or more, those with allergies often need to replace it more often.
Add a touch of softnessPeople tend to shy away from hard surface floors in the bedroom because they aren't comfortable underfoot and tend to be noisier than carpet. We have the perfect solution: area rugs. Area rugs carry many of the benefits of carpet - they quiet a room, feel soft under your bare feet, and give you a warmer floor. However, area rugs are easier to clean and air out.
You might also like
- Five area rug design trips
- Bedroom flooring trends: ditch the carpet!
- Best floors for allergy sufferers